This is an idea that I've cultivated since listening to the wonderful Jim Smith (AKA the lazy teacher)
He pointed out that a lot of time and effort is spent making resources that only last 5 minutes. The challenge is to create a resource that will generate lots of discussion / questions / reflections.
I'm going to try and build up a collection of these sorts of slides so here is one to get me started.
Angles, Area and Shapes revision for y11
- They're all different colours (there's always one)
- How to calculate the interior and exterior angles of each shape
- The formula for the sum of the interior angles of any regular polygon
- What was meant by the word regular
- How to calculate the area and perimeter (including breaking the hexagon into 2 trapeziums)
- The fact that they were all enlargements but there was no centre of enlargement
- How many lines of symmetry each shape had
- The order of rotational symmetry
Ok ok - so they had some hints from me! But it was an incredibly useful revision aid and took me about 2 minutes to make. It was certainly better than writing out loads of questions to get them to think of the same material.